On June 6th I was nominated by Maggie McNeill for The Versatile Blogger Award. What the hell is that? I asked the same, having never heard of it before. Apparently it is an informal award, nobody votes you in or anything, that is for fun. It’s also just really cool having others recognize your work publicly in their blog because this leads to a whole new networky thing. The hits to Brandy’s Bedroom were more on the day of and the day after her post and I’m sure the other nominees received similar hits. I don’t know about them but I get a warm fuzzy feeling when my stat counter goes over 100 for a day.
It’s an awesome idea and some regular readers of mine may find some interesting bits and pieces in the blogs that I nominate. Plus you’ll find what I like to read. So, taking directly from MM’s site here are the “rules”:
1) Thank the award-giver(s) and link back to them in your post. (check!)
2) Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself. (patience, it follows)
3) Give this award to up to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers. (Whew! At first I though I had to have at least 15)
4) Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news. (HA! I was going to have some fun with this by listing every prohibition/abolition/sex-hysteria/neofeminist blog I could think of and then send them an email letting them know they won an award on a HOOKER blog! But, dear reader, that would not be fair to you and you really would miss out on some interesting shit just for the sake of my sarcastic glee at poking bears. Sigh.)
1. I want to be a writer. A fictional author to be more precise. Have wanted to do this since I was a little girl who read a book and thought I can write better than this. First it was horror stories, ala Stephen King or Dean Koontz. Then I wanted to write historical romance, ala Jude Deveraux or Johanna Lindsey. Now I’m on this paranormal kick (like Vampires and such) ala JR Ward. MAYBE one day I’ll share.
2. I HATE chick flick movies. I refuse to go to the theater to watch a comedy. IMO the big screens are great for special effect thrillers and sci-fi (especially if I am paying theater prices). If I watch a movie I want to be entertained. Crying or mulling over some deep meaning theme of a movie is not my idea of entertainment. I may watch a comedy if it comes out on tv, I will leave the room if a tragic love story is playing.
Wow, this is harder than I thought (coming up with seven things about me). If any of you have read my blog for some time you already know bits and pieces.
3. My favorite tv shows, in no particular order: Supernatural, Criminal Minds, House, Bones.
4. I want to purchase a bit of land (5-10 acres) and build a self sustaining cob house. Prior to moving where I am now (a dam neighborhood… with neighbors *shudder*) I was working on this and am eager to start again. I’d like to live off the grid, however I like having electricity (especially in Texas summers) and a fridge and internet access and a washer/dryer. I have studied the process of rain water collection and natural heating so perhaps one day my only bill will be electricity. Yes, I know. Solar Panels. Have you priced those things lately? I don’t know if I will live long enough for that to be cost effective in the long run.
5. I want to travel and participate in medical and humanitarian missions across the globe (unfortunately many of these require me to pay my own way). I volunteer in helping to find missing persons online. When I no longer have kids at home who need me here every day, I am going to volunteer in person (if they will have me) with either Texas Equusearch or CUE Center for Missing Persons. Both of these NGO’s send out volunteer groups to do ground and air searches for missing people. Equusearch is awesome. Tim Millers (the founder) story is heartbreaking. You can read about it here and why he started Texas Equusearch. *Warning, don’t read if police incompetence and department policies piss you off*
6. My favorite thing to wear is scrubs. Day or night, sleeping in, shopping in.
Finally 7. I hate to cook. But when I do I do it well, or so I’m told.
My nominees: The first three really should just be Honorable Mentions because y’all KNOW I read them, but since I can come up with up to 15 I’ll list them.
3. Kelly James
4. Luscious Lani – Down to earth Aussie Escort who just sounds like she would be so much FUN to hang out with.
5. CJ – Happy Endingz – an erotic masseuse that blogs about what goes on behind her closed door in a massage parlor.
6. Nina Rae – A lady in the street but a freak in the bed! She makes me giggle.
7. Madame X – Love what she writes and at the end of her blog posts she usually leaves something…ah…extra.
8. The Player – Dude cracks me up. Male POV.
9. JohnTV (aka Brian Bates, the Video Vigilante) – No, this is not a case of poking the bear. I like this guy. He does not have a problem with two consenting adults and what they do in private. He is against the street trade, the pimps, and doing the nasty in a car next to a school playground. He also exposes the occasional ineptness and callous attitude of his local police department. We may disagree on several things, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like him and he does have some funny stuff on his blog.
10. Antonio M. Daniels – I just enjoy reading his blog which really doesn’t have anything to do with hookers, it more society type stuff in general.
That’s it for now. I don’t really read too many blogs, but I do like to look in on various discussions boards from time to time. Now for the fun of contacting these people LOL.